NetApp OnCommand Plug-in for Microsoft
Monitor and manage NetApp storage with Microsoft System Center integration
NetApp OnCommand Plug-in for Microsoft offers easy monitoring and management of unified storage and non-disruptive operations. NetApp OnCommand Plug-in for Microsoft integrates with Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 for award-winning management of NetApp storage.
Install OnCommand Plug-in for Microsoft to:
- Monitor server and storage availability and capacity for Microsoft Windows Server Hyper-V virtual machines (VMs).
- Isolate problems using System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) alerts and health explorer views.
- Enable high availability and load balancing of management servers with OpsMgr Management Server Resource Pool.
- Leverage System Center Virtual Machine Manager and System Center Orchestrator for workflow automation.
- Report on clustered Data ONTAP MetroCluster storage.
OnCommand Plug-in for Microsoft enables administrators to discover and monitor NetApp SAN and SMB shares. You can use the included Virtualization Pack to discover and monitor Windows Server Hyper-V VMs and alert VM administrators of potential storage issues.
OnCommand Plug-in for Microsoft supports clustered Data ONTAP software, which provides nondisruptive operations, seamless scalability, and proven efficiency for Microsoft physical, virtual, and private cloud environments.
- Simplify Infrastructure Management
Enable Windows administrators to monitor and manage their NetApp storage environment directly from Microsoft System Center.
- Cut Through Performance, Availability, and Efficiency Limits
Provide nondisruptive operations, seamless scalability, and proven efficiency for private cloud deployments.
- Deploy Unified Storage for Efficiency and Flexibility
Manage the combination of SAN and NAS for deployment simplicity and scale.
- Enable High Availability of Operations Manager
Support Operations Manager with high availability and load balancing.
Streamline infrastructure management
OCPM offers out-of-the-box integration with System Center Operations Manager (OpsMgr) and System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM). OCPM Management Packs let Windows administrators monitor the health, performance, and utilization of your NetApp storage infrastructure with OpsMgr. By using this familiar tool, they can optimize SAN storage and/or SMB shares.
OCPM Management and Virtualization Packs can automatically discover NetApp controllers and their hosted objects, as well as the Microsoft Windows Server with Hyper-V virtual infrastructure. Visibility into each storage layer enables you to quickly find and resolve potential problems and identify affected Hyper-V VMs. You can also apply OpsMgr's standard event classification and response rules to NetApp systems. These rules define how storage issues are displayed and categorized in OpsMgr, which can save time and reduce errors.
OnCommand plug-in for Microsoft: product integration and toolkits.
|Product Integration and Toolkits
|SCOM Management Pack
|Discover and monitor NetApp storage, including SAN and SMB shares, from within the OpsMgr console.
|Discover and monitor Hyper-V VMs in SAN/NAS and alert VM administrators of (potential) storage issues.
|OCPM supports the OpsMgr Management Server Resource Pool to provide high availability and load balancing. Should one of the management servers in the resource pool go offline, OCPM will continue to monitor and manage the NetApp storage environment.
Keep your business running nonstop
OCPM supports clustered Data ONTAP features, including storage maintenance and hardware upgrades, without interrupting your business. Scale capacity, performance, and operations with the support of SAN and NAS from terabytes to tens of petabytes without reconfiguring running applications. Drive pervasive storage-cost reductions by using the most comprehensive storage efficiency offering in the industry. The combination of System Center management and clustered Data ONTAP enables you to harness the power and benefits of industryleading private cloud capability
Unified storage with industryleading SAN and NAS support
With Windows Server 2012, SMB 3.0 support includes key features such as persistent file handles (continuously available file shares for Hyper-V), witness protocol, and clustered client failover. These features, when combined with the right shared storage solution, provide the high availability typically associated with a block protocol and the simplified administration and reduced deployment cost of network file share access. OCPM integration with System Center gives you the flexibility to support iSCSI, Fibre Channel, and FCoE SAN infrastructure as well as SMB 3.0 for deployment simplicity and scale in a NAS environment.
OCPM supports the OpsMgr Management Server Resource Pool to provide high availability and load balancing. Should one of the management servers in the resource pool go offline, OCPM will continue to monitor and manage the NetApp storage environment.
NetApp OnCommand Plug-in 4.0 for Microsoft supports:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2008 R2 SP1, 2012, and 2012 R2
- Microsoft System Center 2012 SP1 and 2012 R2
- iSCSI, FC, and FCoE SAN, SMB 3.0 NAS
- NetApp FlexClone technology
- NetApp SnapMirror
- Data ONTAP operating system
- Data ONTAP 7 product family:
- 7.3.4 and later
- Data ONTAP 8 product family:
- 8.0.1, 8.0.2, 8.0.3, and 8.0.4 operating in 7-Mode
- 8.1.0, 8.1.1, and 8.1.2 operating in 7-Mode
- Clustered Data ONTAP 8.2
- Data ONTAP 7 product family:
- x64 platforms
- Windows Guest OS on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 or 2012 with Hyper-V
Download the NetApp OnCommand Plug-in for Microsoft Datasheet (.PDF)